SCS is looking for a suitable candidate to join our small team, helping to provide and support IT systems for small businesses.
The support part of the role includes:
– First, second and some third line helpdesk, including taking an issue forward to further stages where required.
– Troubleshooting and resolving computer workstation, server and network faults
– Installing and configuring desktop and server software
– Performing server-side systems administration tasks such as adding users, changing passwords etc.
– Logging support queries and keeping asset management records up to date
Most support work is undertaken remotely and over the telephone, although on-site work is sometimes required.
The role also includes:
– Helping to design and implement IT solutions for businesses
– Helping to formulate quotations and costs for products and services
– Researching and recommending products for customers
– Testing new products and technologies
– Helping to install and configure networks and IT services for businesses
The majority of the time will be office-based but there will be many opportunities for visiting customers to perform support work and installations.
As we are a small company, there may be opportunities to be involved in other aspects of the business.
Virtually all of our work is business-to-business; we sometimes deal with home users but these are usually home workers or self-employed.
Based in the East Croydon area our office is within close walking distance of Woodside Tram Station. We are prepared to match skills and experience with a salary of between £22,000 to £26,000.
To be considered you will ideally have at least 2 years experience supporting a variety of user systems and have worked in a 1st / 2nd line Support environment on a Helpdesk with some experience of escalated 3rd line tasks and issues.
You must be confident, articulate and quick to learn new technologies and software systems.
Key Skills and Experience
• Customer service mind-set
• Effective communicator
• Problem solving
• Effective Time Management skills
• Analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to follow process
• High Standards and attention to detail
• Reliability / Responsibility
• Integrity / Teamwork
• Self-motivated training and development
• Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
• Backup regime best practices, implementation and diagnostics
• Firewalling & switching (Port number, routing, network fault diagnosis)
• Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
• User support (Unlock accounts, password creation, password changes)
• Exchange / Office365
• Printer support (network printing, all common troubleshooting)
• Experience with Hypervisors (specifically Hyper-V)
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org