SCS is looking for a suitable IT Support Engineer candidate to join our small team, helping to provide and support IT systems for small businesses.
The role includes:-
– First, second and third line helpdesk, including taking an issue forward to further stages where required
– Troubleshooting and resolving computer workstation, Windows Server and network faults
– Installing and configuring desktop and server software
– Group Policy & Domain configuration, Active Directory
– Office 365 email administration & support
– Firewall, router, access point, VPN, SSL certificate, setup & configuration
– Logging support queries and keeping asset management records up to date
– Helping to design and implement IT solutions for businesses
– Helping to formulate quotations and costs for products and services
– Researching and recommending products for customers
– Testing new products and technologies
– Helping to install and configure networks and IT services for businesses
Most support work is undertaken remotely and over the telephone, although on-site work is sometimes required.
The majority of the time will be office-based, but there will be many opportunities for visiting customers to perform support work and installations.
As we are a small company, there may be opportunities to be involved in other aspects of the business.
Virtually all of our work is business-to-business; we sometimes deal with home users but these are usually home workers or self-employed.
Based in the East Croydon area our office is within close walking distance of Woodside Tram Station. We are prepared to match skills and experience with a salary of between £27,000 to £29,000.
To be considered you will ideally have at least 5 years experience in costing, configuring, implementing and supporting a variety of systems and have worked in a 2nd / 3rd line Support environment on a Helpdesk.
You must be confident, articulate and quick to learn new technologies and software systems.
Key Skills and Experience